Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
2011 Library Technicians Salary Survey
Some key metrics:
- 81% were from BC, but 7 provinces or territories are represented;
- 59% had completed the 2-yr LIT college diploma;
- Langara and UFV graduates dominated (40% and 20% respectively);
- Experience levels ranged from 0-25+ years, with only one over 20%;
- 72% full time, 16% part-time;
- Academic and Public libraries dominate, legal only 4% (which is about the right % of the LIT population);
- Average hourly salary was $23.91 (translated: 43,516 annually);
- Top salary scale was $26.06/hr for LITs with 20-25 years experience;
- 79% unionized, 21% no union.
Monday, January 09, 2012
Canadian Law Firm Libraries Tweeting
Looks like a good mix of original comments and re-tweets that share firm news, legal community links, and interesting library stuff.
If you know of others, let me know @stevematthews
Wednesday, January 04, 2012
New Vancouver Transcription Service
If you're lawyer or small firm administrator in the Greater Vancouver area, and are looking to outsource some of your transcription or paralegal work, I'm sure Marnie's service would be a very cost effective solution.
I write this post not just in support of Marnie's venture, but also remembering the pressure of being a new entrepreneur. This August will be the five year anniversary of Stem; and I still recall the help I was given by friends and industry colleagues in those early days.
Congratulations Marnie. I wish you the best of luck!