Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Digital Divide is Real

Yesterday I noted how Seth Godin's vision for libraries didn't factor in the digital divide. And today I find this post by Bobbi Newman on the same topic. Take a look at the stats in Bobbi's presentation, embedded below:


Indeed, one-third of US citizens in 2012 are without broadband access; and my point about including e-lending services as part of bridging that gap seems even more valid.  With information becoming digital, access to technology and the processes that facilitate access can't be glossed over.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobbi Newman said...

You might also be interested in the some what controversial response I wrote to Godin's post when he published it. You can find it here. http://librarianbyday.net/2011/05/16/seth-godin-misses-the-point-on-libraries-again/

Thank you for sharing the slideshow I'm glad you found it useful!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home