Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Digital Divide is Real

Yesterday I noted how Seth Godin's vision for libraries didn't factor in the digital divide. And today I find this post by Bobbi Newman on the same topic. Take a look at the stats in Bobbi's presentation, embedded below:

Indeed, one-third of US citizens in 2012 are without broadband access; and my point about including e-lending services as part of bridging that gap seems even more valid.  With information becoming digital, access to technology and the processes that facilitate access can't be glossed over.


Blogger Bobbi Newman said...

You might also be interested in the some what controversial response I wrote to Godin's post when he published it. You can find it here.

Thank you for sharing the slideshow I'm glad you found it useful!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home