Thursday, November 08, 2007

LegalPubs - A Great First Week & New Features

I dropped a short note on Slaw about my first week success with LegalPubs -- over 3500 product views, with 1800 of those linking into the product pages on the publisher's websites -- in 1 week! I'm not sure we could have had a better demonstration on the value of RSS technology, and how it can extend the reach of online content.

I'm also happy to announce a couple new features: email alerts and a mobile version of the site. For those who aren't plugged into an RSS reader, the alerts are a great opportunity to be notified when the new Canadian legal products are released.

I also have high hopes for the mobile offering... if not now, then very soon. Garry Price convinced me last year that mobile is going to play a big role in the future. And for those engaged in legal collection development, this is the type of tool that could make things easier.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie Crosby said...

I also used it in my social networking tools course as an example of how RSS feeds can be used *other than* to read them in a feedreader. People were impressed and it gave them ideas for their own projects.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home