Friday, April 08, 2005

Easy Come, Easy Go

After winning my firm's NCAA March Madness Pool, it turns out our Carpenter Ant problem isn't going away, and is going to require an exterminator. Ah well, such is life I suppose.

On another but unrelated competition type subject, one of the websites I developed (www.bcrelinks.com) was named a finalist for the LMA's Your Honor Awards last week, and I just found out this afternoon that while it didn't win, it did get an 'honorable mention' at the awards ceremony. It would have been nice to get 2 in a calendar year, but perhaps that's just gluttony on my part. :-) Seriously though, the LMA is a very reputable organization, and I'm feeling pretty honoured.

Have a great weekend all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie Crosby said...

Aha! Thought I would be the only law librarian interested in March Madness, but I was wrong!

I totally bombed out this year in my firm's March Madness pool. Usually I do respectably well, if not take home any winnings. Gonzaga, my perennial favourite, seeded high and then disappointed. Some great games this year, however.

Oh well--I did come in third in our Superbowl pool, but that had nothing to do with skill and everything to do with luck.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home