My First Blogiversary
It's hard to believe that a year can pass so quickly, or that my intended 'experiment' could turn out to be such a success!
To be honest, the original intent of the VLLB was little more than to provide a 'digital voice' for regional law library, KM & technology initiatives (regional being Canadian...). I clearly didn't understand the true power of having that digital voice, or how international blog connectivity could be.
Over the past year, many people have asked me how productive blogging is, or how much of a "time waster" it is. Well, I am here to say that a couple of posts a week (and a hard maximum of 15 minutes a day!) can change your professional life. As a testament to the state of things, in just one year of existence, my blog is directly responsible for:
- a large support network of law firm librarians & KM practitioners from around the world;
- interviews with local & national publications;
- my being part of the originating Slaw group (no blog, likely no Slaw!);
- fantastic exchanges with serious legal industry heavyweights!;
- more fantastic exchanges with fellow librarian bloggers;
- learning about the next generation of Canadian lawyers;
- presentation opportunities both in the past and in the future;
- forcing me to write on a regular basis;
- pay attention to my own current awareness;
- increasing my personal desire to find innovative solutions.
How cool is that?