Monday, October 16, 2006

New Google Reader, 5 reasons I hate it

I still don't like the new google reader.
  1. It's really really slow. I'm watching that 'loading' test tube bottle way too much.
  2. I have to manually mark everything I read by scrolling over it. A big waste of time.
  3. Unread item counts are sometimes incorrect.
  4. Reading by category folders doesn't mark enclosed items as read, scrolling or no scrolling.
  5. You have move through items s-l-o-w-l-y. Scroll too fast and it won't mark all items in-between as read.

I know I'm in the minority, but for web based Aggregators, I still like the Bloglines reader way better. The Bloglines AJAX interface is also better than Google's (IMO), and while I'm not a fan of frame designed sites, this is one situation where it works.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

I played with the Google Reader a little bit last week and definitely agree with your assessment. The test tube bottle graphic is fun but the whole experience was a tad frustrating and definitely slow.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home