Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Canadian Law Student Blogs Featured

A new article on Canadian Law Student Bloggers is included in the fall edition of the CBA National's Law Student issue.

Congratulations to Alastair Clarke, who finally outed himself as the anonymous author of Queens Law Life. Also, congrats to the other prominent law student bloggers included in the article: Sarah Shody, Andrew Kirk, Ryan Austin, and Michael Paris. Nice way to start your legal career!

I now have a question. What happens to your blog when you graduate? Anyone care to blog a response?

1 Comments:

Blogger Captain Guyliner said...

Tough call Steve, I suppose it really depends on where I'm working or who I'm working for.

I've always enjoyed blogging and I imagine I will always do so in some capacity. Ideally, a future employer would embrace the blog as other firms have. David Fraser's Privacy issues blog comes to mind as a good example of a professional "blawg."

For me, I think I'd rather like to keep some of the snark or at least the freedom that comes with being able to insert your personal opinion into the topics we post about. I'm not entirely sure I would enjoy it as a professional obligation.

So beyond graduation, I think my Blog of the Narrows will go through the bar ads process with me but beyond that its a very open question.

It will be interesting to see if it comes up in any of my November interviews.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home