New Google Reader, 5 reasons I hate it
- It's really really slow. I'm watching that 'loading' test tube bottle way too much.
- I have to manually mark everything I read by scrolling over it. A big waste of time.
- Unread item counts are sometimes incorrect.
- Reading by category folders doesn't mark enclosed items as read, scrolling or no scrolling.
- You have move through items s-l-o-w-l-y. Scroll too fast and it won't mark all items in-between as read.
I know I'm in the minority, but for web based Aggregators, I still like the Bloglines reader way better. The Bloglines AJAX interface is also better than Google's (IMO), and while I'm not a fan of frame designed sites, this is one situation where it works.