Friday, February 03, 2006

Presenting at the 2006 BC Library Conference

I'm going to be presenting at the 2006 BC Library Conference - Sharing a Vision: The Power of Collaboration, taking place on April 20-22, 2006 at the Hilton Vancouver Metrotown in Burnaby, BC. For local readers, the Metrotown location should make attendance (via Skytrain) an easy process.

The title of this talk is: The RSS Revolution: Surf, Search, Subscribe!, and I'm really going to try to cover all the bases of RSS as a current awareness tool. I'll be expanding on the VALL presentation I gave last September, dropping the discussion on blogging, and delving deeper into how Librarians can help users 'seed' or fast track their personal collection efforts.

The convenor for this session is my VALL colleague Emma Wood, who is also actively involved in the session's sponsor LTAIG. Emma is quite the web 2.0 tech savvy person herself, and I tried ever so hard to get her to co-present, but no dice (at least not this time). :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie Crosby said...

Way to go, Steve! Let us know how it turns out.

Cheers,
Connie

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home