Monday, May 30, 2005

IBM Blogging Guidelines

Blogging has been on a bit of a slow pattern for the past few weeks. A couple of intensive projects have diverted my attention... I should be able to explain in a bit more detail later this summer.

One interesting tidbit that caught my eye recently... IBM's James Snell has blogged about & provided access to Big Blue's Blogging Policy & Guidelines. The guidelines are pretty much common sense, but add to the growing literature in this area. The part that did catch my eye, was IBM's published stance on its Intranet site "encouraging all 320,000+ employees world wide to consider engaging actively in the practice of "blogging".

If even a fraction of those employees take their employer's offer... Wowza! Talk about building the online brand. There won't be a product or topic in the IBM realm that won't be covered by an IBM Employee's spin. I guess it's a good thing they've got those guidelines. ;-)

On a less cynical note, I was just contacted via email by yet another legal KM'er. My informal network has now expanded to 4 continents in 6 months. Goes to show - when it comes to blogging, don't discount the value gained behind the scenes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home